Tuesday, August 9, 2011

there's a first time for everything

The first massage method I learned in school was Thai for the Table. It's fun, and I can see that there are certain circumstances in which it is more practical to practice on a table. But many of my classmates have already been doing their practice on the mat, and over the past couple weeks I've found myself saying "I want to do that"! So today I took the plunge and unrolled a mat instead of setting up a table. Thankfully my first client on the mat was a regular at the student clinic, so I think he was open to trying new things with me, and didn't get upset when I fumbled or when moves were a bit awkward. If you're reading this - you know who you are: THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT WITH ME! Fumbling and awkwardness aside, it was a great experience. I can't wait to practice more of the things I learned today, and to keep learning more! Hooray for mat work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment